Video has become quite the big deal when it comes to marketing your business. And while there are numerous options out there to host your videos - Vidyard and Wistia are two of the most popular platforms that marketers are using.
But which one is better? Below, we’ll help you determine the answer to that question.
Vidyard vs. Wistia
Price can play a big part into which video platform you choose.
Wistia has free, pro, and advanced plans that all vary in costs. Their free plan allows you to upload up to three videos. The free plan comes with:
- Unlimited amount of users
- Basic integrations to mailchimp, infusionsoft, and dozens of other marketing softwares
- Easy embedding to put videos on your site, emails, or social media
- Lead generation tools that allow you to collect information within your videos
- Video analytics that allow you to track how viewers interact with your videos
With the free plan, your video player will feature Wistia branding.
A pro plan for Wistia costs $99 per month and comes with all of the features listed above, along with no Wistia branding and 10 free videos. Each additional video will cost $0.25 per month.
Wistia’s advanced plan varies in price - depending on what you need. You get everything that comes with the pro plan, along with a premium integration to HubSpot, Pardot, or Marketo, 100 videos included, A/B testing functionalities, and priority support.
Vidyard does not have set pricing tiers like Wistia has. Instead, you pick from the feature you’d like included in your video marketing package, and they quote you a monthly price. The features you have to choose from include:
- Hosting and analytics
- Interactive calls-to-action
- A/B thumbnail split-testing
- Sharing videos
- SEO optimizations
- Automatic transcriptions
- CRM integrations
- Marketing automation integrations
- Training and support
- Personalized video
- Branded video library
- Live streaming
Both video marketing platforms are loaded with features. They both include:
- Customizable, unbranded players
- In-video calls-to-action
- Email capture tools
- Advanced analytics
- CRM and marketing automation integrations (including Mailchimp, Shopify, HubSpot, Infusionsoft, and Salesforce)
- Video password protection
- Video SEO
- HTTPS compatibility
- Embedding restrictions
So after looking at the pricing and the features both offer, which do we recommend? This probably isn’t the answer you’re looking for - but it’s really up to you!
Want to learn more about how video fits in with a marketing strategy? Download our free webinar recording below.