Recently, you may have felt like reading marketing blogs is actually a disjointed script for Back to the Future. We read terms like virtual reality, voice search, chatbots, and artificial intelligence, and are tempted to dismiss them as things of the future.
But just like that annoying poster in your high school counselor’s office says, the future is now. These so called “futuristic” terms are actually a significant part of our marketing reality today. This means your team needs to be ready to embrace and use this technology to grow your business...now.
One technology that your marketing team must understand and be prepared to use is that of artificial intelligence (AI for short). While AI has been around awhile, we’ve only just begun to scratch the surface of ways we can use it in tandem with our marketing efforts.
Why Should Your Business Care About AI?
It’s very easy to dismiss artificial intelligence as unnecessary, a fad, or a frivolous tool that your marketing team doesn’t need to worry about to grow your business.
But AI isn’t just a fad. It’s not a cool piece of technology that is here today and gone tomorrow. It’s already had a big impact on things like online advertising, content creation, and website personalization, and it’s only going to become more impactful as developers continue to refine it and more businesses become comfortable with using it.
With technology like artificial intelligence, it’s not a question of if so much as when. More and more businesses are going to incorporate AI into their marketing strategy. Starting now means your business will be ahead of the curve and not behind it.
Learn About AI in Marketing
A search for the term “artificial intelligence” will pull up a measly 405 million results. Unless your superpower is speed reading and rapid processing of information, that can seem like a pretty daunting amount of content to wade through. Below we’ve selected six articles that lay a good foundation for using AI in your marketing.
- 8 Ways Intelligent Marketers Use Artificial Intelligence: this post from the Content Marketing Institute covers everything from PPC advertising to website personalization, but one of our favorite points they cover here is that of AI powered content creation.
- 15 Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: the beauty of this article from Smart Insights isn’t just that it covers a whopping 15 applications for AI in marketing. It’s that they lay these applications out to best fit where a customer is in his or her decision making process.
- 3 Ways Voice AI Will Change the Way We Shop in 2018: devices like Google Assistant and Amazon’s Echo and Alexa give new meaning to the saying “Ask and you shall receive.” With voice-controlled AI, literally all you have to do is ask, and you can have toothpaste, peanut butter, paper towels and so much more sent your way.
- Future Proofing for Growth in the Age of AI: this blog from Hubspot focuses less on the applications available with artificial intelligence and more on the creation of a strategy to use it in your marketing. Spoiler: you’ll probably want to bookmark this one.
- Using Chatbots in Your Marketing Strategy: one of the most easily recognizable AI applications is that of chatbots. But are you using them effectively for your marketing strategy?
- How to Use Artificial Intelligence, Personalization and Automation in the Customer Journey: we’ll forgive Forbes their terrible lapse on the use of the Oxford comma in their title because the content here is just so good. One of the things about AI that excites us the most is the application of using it to personalize a prospects’ experience on your site with where they are in their decision making.
Artificial intelligence is a technology you’re going to want to invest in for your business, and these articles are a great place to start in deciding which applications work best for your team, as well as how to create a strategy for incorporating AI into your marketing.
At Primitive Social, it’s part of our job description to stay up-to-date on the latest technology, trends, and strategies that exist. We share that knowledge with you on a daily basis right here. Want to make sure you never miss a post? Click below to subscribe!